Saturday, November 29, 2008

trial questions

Character: An-Yi Student Name: Shadab

1. Question: What harm has the Cultural Revolution and Mao done to you and your family
Answer: it drove my family apart. Due to the Cultural Revolution, my grandmother couldn’t take it anymore and so she committed suicide. The Cultural Revolution gave my family a bad reputation and also everyone hated because I belonged to a black family… Mao did not just harm my family but made my life terrible (pg 116-118)

2. Question: is it true that your mother was made a fool with da-zi-baos because she taught students in an old way?

Answer: yes she was and she was also brutalized and harassed a lot. My whole family couldn’t sleep because of it, and also she had to climb a chimney because she was under investigation (pg 152-153)

3. Question: did you have troubles with school due to the Cultural Revolution?

Answer: (pg 156) yes, sometimes I missed school and could not go, I was late most of the times and for a year I could not attend school because it was closed down, because of the Cultural Revolution, and also it harmed my education very much.

No comments: